Monday, May 6, 2013

Vegan Ceasar

There was a boy I liked once and we used to play Hangman in his bar. One of his puzzles was "Et tu, Brute?" and when I hung myself before I solved it, he made fun of me. I think of him when I make this dressing. In hindsight, he was a jerk.

I love making a bunch of this, buying a fresh head of romaine, chilling it, chopping it up bite size, soaking it in this stuff, and then topping it with fresh ground black pepper. I eat it for dinner with some baked tempeh croutons on top.

1/2 c silken tofu
1/4 c. water
juice from half of a large lemon
2 T. light miso paste
1 T. red wine vinegar (or just plain old vinegar)
1 T vegan Worcestershire (if making GF, check the ingredients here)
1 t Dijon mustard
2 cloves garlic
1/2 t salt
black pepper to taste

No comments:

Post a Comment